June 2015 Currently

It's the first of June and that means it's time for a new Currently hosted by Oh Boy 4th Grade!



1.) Listening to...Little Miss practicing her VBS songs! Somehow I ended up agreeing to lead the preschool music for our church's Vacation Bible School. I have the DVD that I'm supposed to be watching to learn the songs from...but so far Little Miss has watched it more than me. Thinking seriously about letting her lead and teach everyone the choreography. She's totally got this. (At three and a half.)

2.) I bought some vanilla syrup for our coffee and sodas and I have made myself a vanilla Coke Zero every night this week. Almost as good as Sonic and I don't have to leave the house.

3.) Tomorrow is my last day of post-planning! We've had three whole days this year to take care of end-of-the-year business and it's been nice...and much needed. Our school is getting new HVAC units this summer AND new ceilings so our entire classrooms had to be boxed up. If you remember, I just did this last summer. Luckily that means I don't have that much stuff-but it's still a major job. I have no idea what happened to the beautifully-arranged closet I had at the beginning of the year. It basically looked like a junk heap.

4.) Due to spending the day interviewing candidates for an open position, going out for a district meeting, and spending the afternoon packing as much as possible, I am one tired teacher. I know if I lay down on the couch I'll be out for the count...and then wide awake at 9 PM....so I'm trying to power through.

5.) See #3. Still soo much to do. I have a load of things to take to the media center, a pile of stuff that's coming home with me, and furniture stacking ahead of me.

6.) So excited about this summer! I've been in grad school for the last two summers so I haven't had a relaxing summer in a while. We are going to the beach in June and I am going to a conference in St. Louis in July. Plus, we're going to squeeze in as much lake time as we possibly can around all our other summer fun! Little Miss is at a fun age and I think we're going to have a good summer.

And as always, summer is the time when I catch up on reading! So excited about reading some good books this summer!


3 comments

  1. It sounds like you had a crazy day! I am sure you are excited for summer! I am loving that my daughter (13 months) is old enough to enjoy summer too! Last summer was difficult for us because she wasn't able to do much and my now 3 year old wanted to do everything! I love the idea of adding vanilla to your coke! Yum!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. VBS songs! I bet she sounds adorable. I used to lead the music at our VBS every year. Call me crazy but I loved those catchy little songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your donation!!!

    ReplyDelete