The Best Things We Did This Week (12.12.15)

Hey, hey! 2 blog posts in one month? Yay!

I don't have a LOT to share with you this week. I had grand ideas for this past week, but then on Monday (at about 11 AM) I was told that I would be out for the next 2 days at a workshop. Surprise! It was a little challenging to get 2 days worth of sub plans ready in an afternoon with no planning, but I did it. (Thanks to a wonderful parent volunteer who ran all of my copies for me!)

So, for two days this week I wasn't even in the building...I learned all about PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention & Support) and had a lovely time with my school's team (especially the 1.5 hour lunches!), but I wasn't doing anything fun in the classroom. (And neither were my kids. Bless their hearts, but they had such a fun, WILD time with the sub when I was in California that I left them with zero fun things and lots of worksheets. They were angels this time around...)

Thursday and Friday I played catch-up and we did get to a few fun holiday things. First, let me tell you about one of my favorite teacher store type places; Micheal's! I went in there last weekend to get something I needed for someone's Christmas present and they were having an amazing sale. Their DIY ornaments were 70% off and their foam craft things were 50% off. I bought a class set of the clear plastic ornaments, a pack of Christmas trees, and a pack of foam stockings for less than $20. This is what we came up with:


I know, the fire in the middle is pitiful. My PEC co-teacher found some tissue paper and I am going to work on it on Monday. But the stockings are adorable! I did bust out the glitter for this one...my poor custodian. My para and I split up the glitter supervision and I didn't realize at first that she was letting her kids do their own glitter designs. Ahhh! Puddles of glue. PUDDLES. I am a little too much of a control freak to let them go with glitter and liquid glue!


We did these yesterday. My poor door is so beat-up. (They all are, it's not just mine!) Most teachers don't cover their doors at my school, although some did for the holidays. The trees came out so cute, though! More glitter. I figured what did it matter since we'd covered most surfaces with glitter the day before. HA.

That's all I've got for this week. Next week I have a ton of good stuff planned, though! We're going to work it in around the holiday sing-along and AIMSWeb testing and sight word testing and the million and one things that are happening around the school.

No comments