Farmhouse Classroom Theme

I have been super hard at work this week wrapping up another classroom theme set. I start this last summer for my own classroom, but I didn't get around to finishing it because my grade level decided to go with a first-grade-wide camping theme. I finally found a few minutes as my break was winding down to take a look at it again and it's now DONE! I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone that farmhouse anything is a hot decor trend right now...shiplap, Rae Dunn, shabby chic, Fixer Upper...it's one of my favorite classroom themes that I've made so far.

Let me show you my favorite piece of the whole set: the quote posters! I am OBSESSED with how these turned out.


Some of these are based on things I say all the time in my own classroom! "Have a great day...or not! The choice is yours!" is a quote that our school does on the announcements every single day.

What else? Well, of course ABC posters! This time around I went with super simple black and white clip art for the primary versions of the posters. I included them with both Zaner-Bloser font and D'Nealian with the phonetically accurate clip art. I also made a set with cursive letters. I love the chalkboard with the pops of greenery on these!


I like this style of number poster, too. This is actually the same way I display my own number posters in my classroom: numeral, number word, and ten frame. They are SO useful and the kids reference them all the time. For shapes, I used sweet little farmhouse birdies to model the colors!


Shape posters are up next. These are also often referenced in my own classroom! Kids look at them all the time to check the spelling of shape words.


One of the reasons I love making these classroom decor sets is that I hear from teachers that having coordinating, ready-to-print classroom management tools helps them start the year off right! I personally LOVE to decorate and organize my classroom at the beginning of the year. Hanging up pocket charts, adding posters to my collection, thinking about how I'm going to use various displays to make the classroom run smoother this year...that's some of my favorite work at the beginning!

It's all here...word wall headers, clock numbers, welcome/word wall pennants, calendar printables, schedule cards, classroom jobs display, "Where Are We?" display, behavior/clip chart, hall passes, "How Do We Get Home?" display, and LABELS galore! I adore the Rae Dunn font, but for most things I also included a simpler primary-style font. I've heard from primary teachers that they prefer for things that the students are going to use to be very readable for the little ones and I totally get it!




Lastly...the teacher binder. I LOVE my own teacher binder. It keeps me soooo organized and there are dividers for everything. I really do use these forms, too, in my own classroom! I have been sending home that student info sheet now for YEARS.

As with my other decor sets, I included blanks of every single poster, label, card, divider, binder spine...every single one! There are blank printables in the .PDF as well as editable PowerPoint files (pre-loaded with text boxes) so that you can create anything extra that you need. When I've purchased decor items on TPT in the past, there have often been specific things that I wanted/needed. Editable templates fix that problem!

Do you want this set for your own classroom? Then hop over to my TPT store to check it out! You can click on any of the pictures to take you there or just click here.

Thanks for checking out my blog! Make something wonderful happen today!

1 comment

  1. Hi! I absolutely love the farmhouse classroom set and would love to purchase the set for my classroom. However; whenever I click on the pictures or “here” button.. it says the website cannot be reached. How do I find this set on Tpt? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete