The 100th Day of School

Our 100th day of school was this week! Confession: The 100th day ALWAYS sneaks up on me. ALWAYS. I like the IDEA of the 100th day and I want to celebrate it well, but it is a lot of work! A couple of years ago I put together some LOW-PREP 100th day activities and it saved me this year.  Here are some pics of what we did:



First, in the morning we made this class book. We brainstormed a whole bunch of foods that we LOVE and could eat 100 of. I heard some really interesting things...M&Ms, hot Taki chips, gummy bears, ice cream cones, pieces of popcorn...they had some great ideas. Then we brainstormed the things we would NOT want to eat 100 of...some of my favorite answers were hot wings, brussel sprouts, and rotten pumpkins. (Bless!) Then they did their writing and drew pictures. It turned out really cute and this will be a great addition to our classroom library!

After lunch we did our 100th day math stations. Some years we are able to stretch out our 100th day stuff a little longer, but we are CRUNCHED for time right now with our pacing guide so we did alllll of our 100th day things in the same day. I have made a bunch of the stations from my 100th day packet and used them in the past, but since we didn't have time to explain a lot of games or practice them I had them practice their skills with some of the printables instead. 

At my table, we worked on tallying (still a hard concept!) with this printable:


At another station, they used highlighters (which they LOVED!) to find all of the 100s:


In the cut and paste station, they practiced skip counting by 5s to 100:


And in my para's station, they made their 100th day necklaces to wear for the rest of the day:


That's it...nothing too fancy! We had a good time, though, and the best part is we are 100 days into the school year! My mind is definitely pre-occupied with prepping for maternity leave and getting everything squared away to be out from Spring Break until the end of the year. It was soooo nice to have these print-and-go activities at my fingertips! If you are looking for low-prep stuff for the 100th day, everything in this post is available in this 100th Day packet here in my TPT shop! 


No comments